Working in the beauty industry, I look forward to seeing how the best beauty pros in the business help Tinseltown’s elite transform into the most glamorous versions of themselves for an award show. I was lucky enough to snag an interview with Celebrity Makeup Artist, Allan Avendano, who created Sarah Hyland’s Emmy look.
My favorite hair and makeup looks of the night are as follow:
Sarah Hyland- Makeup Artist Allan Avendano, special “How To” below
Kristen Wiig- Textured bob
Claire Danes- Hairstylist Peter Butler
Michelle Dockery- Hairstylist Mara Roszak using an Ana Khouri barrette
“How To” for Sarah Hyland’s look with her amazing Makeup Artist, Allan Avendano
We kept her entire look soft and pretty and definitely took inspiration from portraits of Audrey Hepburn and other old Hollywood film stars.
– I prepped Sarah’s skin with Orlane Paris Super Moisturizing Light Cream and Absolute Skin Recovery Care Eye Contour. The perfect base for any makeup!
– I applied DiorSkin Star Foundation and concealer for a lightweight, flawless and luminous finish!
– To accentuate her cheekbones and to add dimension to her face, I used DiorNude Tan Powder in Moka and shaded the sides of her face in the shape of a “3” from her temples to under her cheekbones and into her jawline.
– To make her cheeks pop, I gave her a good dose of MAC Powder Blush in Style on the apples of her cheeks and into her temple.
– For highlights, I took Dior Glow Maximizer, warmed it up with my fingers and strategically placed in on her orbital bone (right at the peak of her cheekbones, on the bridge of her nose and on her cupid’s bow. Then i lightly dusted MAC Mineralize Powder in Soft and Gentle to make it pop.
– To tone down shine in the t-zone, I used DiorSkin Loose Powder.
– I started with applying MAC Pro-Longwear Paint Pot in Layin’ Low as a base for Sarah’s eyeshadows. It helps with keeping shadows on, makes them more opaque and prevents it from creasing.
– Then I applied MAC Naked Pigment in the center of the eyes and into the inner corners.
– For the outer corners, I dipped my crease brush into 3 MAC Eyeshadow shades to create a custom crease color: Swiss Chocolate, Smut and Bronze. I created a V shape on the outer corners and diffused it in the crease. Then I applied the Bronze eyeshadow from the corner towards the center and blended it into the Naked pigment.
– Her brows were filled in impeccably with DiorShow Brow Styler in Universal Brown.
– Right under her brow bone I used MAC Mineralized Powder in Soft and Gentle to create a very subtle sheen.
– For her upper lashes, we applied a coat of DiorShow Maximizer Lash Plumping Serum and then followed it up with 4 coats of Dior Addict IT-Lash in IT-Black to create bold full lashes (because we chose not to use any eyeliner).
– For her bottom lashes, we used DiorShow New Look mascara in Black. The thin brush really comes in handy for the bottom lashes.
– Her lips were painted in with Dior Contour Lip Liner in Jungle Brown and topped off with Rouge Dior Lipstick in Trench!
– Her beautiful skin tone was accentuated with Votre Vu’s Silk Stockings Lotion. It moisturized and made her glow!